Excellent! That’s exactly how we all started (except for any of us who were born into it) so it’s a very fine way to start indeed.
Here’s what you need to know!
About the SCA
- What is the SCA? (coming soon)
- A brief introduction to what the SCA is, how we started, and what we expect of our members.
- Who’s who in the SCA? (coming soon)
- In the mean time visit the Contacts page.
- Regular Activities:
- Weekly meetings, arts and sciences, archery, fencing & heavy fighting practice
So I want to join in… what now?
- Contact the Hospitaller or Seneschal – they are here to help and point you in the right direction if you want further information
- Join our mailing list for up-to-date discussions
- You can also find us on Facebook
- Come along to the hall for one of our regular activities
- Drop into one of our upcoming events and talk to us.
Then you can…
Who are you in the SCA, and what do you have to do to get involved?
- Who are you in the SCA? (SCA Name and Personas – Your interest in a specific Period, Culture, and Country)
- What is your device/blazon? Design the emblem that represents you and your possessions. Your banners may be flagging in the wind at an event soon.
- Historical Clothing (Garb): What you wear to an event. (We wear ordinary clothes to weekly meetings).
Don’t worry.. you can borrow clothes from the Hospitaller, to get you started.
- Tourneys, Feasts and Events: What you need to bring, what happens there, why they are fun!
- How will you defend the Barony? Choose a martial art to develop and practice in Archery, Heavy combat, Rapier, diplomacy and/or in combination, such as combat archery.
You can visit The SCA Newcomer’s resource page for more information.
This page is aimed at helping newcomers to the Society for Creative Anachronism get started.