Two days of Dance and Dance-related Classes as well as Music Classes – Plus Food and MORE Music and Dancing.
There will be a Feast and Ball on the Saturday night, and lunch will be served both days of course.
$50 Full Event (Kids $20)
$30 Feast and Ball only (Kids $15)
$20 Classes only (includes lunch/es)
NON-MEMBER SURCHARGE $5.
UNBOOKED SURCHARGE $5.
AT: Lake Tuggeranong Sea Scouts Hall,
Mortimer Lewis Drive,
TIME: Classes start 10am both days
Feast starts 6pm on Saturday
STEWARD: Joanna of the Beechwoods [Joanna Keenan] (02) 6296 2193
or 0409 578 680. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to ask her about running a class!
BOOKINGS TO THE STEWARD
(DIRECT DEPOSIT TO POLIT’S BANK ACCOUNT GREATLY PREFERRED – DETAILS WHEN YOU BOOK)
Bookings to the Steward by Friday, September 4th 2015
Direct Deposit to Polit’s Bank Account Greatly Preferred.
Details when you book!
MUSIC CLASSES CONFIRMED SO FAR
Crispin Sexi (Jayson Ollerenshaw)
- Musical Instrument Show and Tell
- The Pace of Music
- Choral part singing of a selection of songs
Isobel le Breton (Kate Price)
- Playing together and staying together – staying in time and in tune, sharing music & working out where you are when you lose track of repeats.
- Three Hole Pipe
Paul of Abbotsford (Paul Harrison ) – Two Classes:
- Recorder technique and improvisation according to “Fontegara” by Silvestro Ganassi (Venice, 1535).
- Running through some dance music by Praetorius (These are tunes for double bransle, single bransle, gay bransle, coranto, etc, so maybe we can get dancers to dance to some of them on the night.)
DANCE CLASSES CONFIRMED SO FAR
Alliette Delecourt (Irina Lubomirska)
- Something 15th C Italian
Brian le faucheeur (Brian Pinch)
- La Castellana, a cascarda (Caroso 1581)
- One or two of the following – The Picking of Sticks, Millsons Jig, Newcastle or Wherligig (Playford !st Edition)
- Something yet to be determined from Arbeau
Gilligan O Tomelty (Stephen Drane)
- Introduction to 16th C Italian Dance with Ballo del Fiore for 2, Ill Conto del Orco and Villanella (Caroso 1581)
Helouys le Poer (Louise Armstrong)
- The Maltese Branle (Arbeau)
Joanna of the Beechwoods (Joanna Keenan)
- Gentilezza d’Amore, a less regular cascarda (Caroso 1581)
- Links between the c.1500 English Gresley ms dances and contemporary Italian dances